Okay, so I have used this trick quite a number of times and have found it to be very useful.
The results from the most recent enchantment have been so pleasing I think it’s time to share.
My partner was going for a huge promotion with the large company he works for. I knew this was coming thanks to my monthly forecast (which, of course, you are all also doing.)
Firstly let me say that is some tight magic he’s selling. Consider the range officially endorsed.
Now, on the morning of the interview, I had sneakily arranged a meeting somewhere local so I didn’t have to be in work until later that afternoon.
Once he had gone and I was alone in the house (practical magic is like having an affair), I got a few things set up:
- Casting cloth
- A photo of him
- The recently purchased oils
You know. The usual. The classics. The Whopper Meal Deal of Western Magic. This was set up in front of my semi-secret Ekeko altar for good measure, as it seems to be working reasonably well. (Ekeko is also officially endorsed.)
A few minutes before the interview, I called in the spirits I was going to be working with, told them the score and… When it was fairly certain that the interview had commenced, I anointed the photo with both the (charged) oils. It was this anointing that formed the anchor for the wider enchantment.
And it worked a treat.
He knocked it out of the park. They pretty much told him at the end that the gig was his. (The English never do this. Ever. Which was a huge adjustment from NZ, where I have conducted six figure media deals in my backyard while wearing ugg boots.) Also, if you met this guy, you wouldn’t put him in the garrulous, space-smuggler-esque charm camp… Otherwise he would have no need for me. He is the much more useful slow-burner, hired on merit and thoughtfulness.
But not that morning. The panel was under his feet.
The whole enchantment was a parade-inspiring success. So I’ve been dissecting why.
Real time spell categories
If you want to work in real time, it’s going to work best if you select an objective that is binary:
- A surgical outcome is good or bad.
- A job interview leads to either ‘getting the job’ or ‘not getting the job’.
- A jury deliberating over a verdict of guilty/not guilty.
That sort of thing. Weight loss, health, sustained wealth creation. These aren’t binary. They’re cumulative. (Or diminishing in the case of weight loss.)
How to enchant in real time
1. Select a binary category. If it isn’t binary, then consider shoaling.
2. Determine the Shrödinger’s Cat moment. This is when both outcomes are probabilistically identical. For example, during the interview my partner had and didn’t have the job. Beforehand he didn’t. Afterward he either did or didn’t but not both. The only time it was both was during the interview.
3. Enchant in that moment. Or get someone else to do it for you.
How it works
Take your pick:
- You increase the psychological ‘anchor’ because you ‘know’ the outcome is being determined in real time. It’s not something that ‘might happen’ in the future. The outcome is more real to your deep mind.
- Some kind of quantum shit.
- You reduce the barriers to manifestation because you can say to the spirit world: do this… right now!
- You are limiting the range of probabilities you wish to select from at just the time the universe is susceptible to ‘nudging’. (See the shoaling post for more on this ‘nudging’.)
Which one do I like the best? The answer may surprise you. I actually like the spirit one the best.
One of my first magical lessons that I learned the hard way back in my early teens was how poorly the notion of time carries over into the spirit world. They’re just not very good at it. Or we’re not very good at spirit time. Either way, it’s probably one of the biggest source of inaccurate results.
So perhaps one of the best workarounds is to remove the requirement for time-based results entirely? Then there’s less room for confusion.
If you try it out, let me know how it goes.