Various shelfies are being tweeted that indicate that The Chaos Protocols is shipping from Amazon US.
And that they are showing up at people's doors:
Also on the Facestalk:
So here's what we know:
- Digital versions are available from Google Play already.
- I presume Amazon Kindle versions, being automated, will abide by the release date listed on Amazon. Funnily enough, I was talking to my editor a few nights ago and she said that these dates aren't really a thing, you just have to put a date up when you put a product up. This tracks with my time in the music industry where album embargoes were, like the Pirate Code, more like guidelines. Anyway, I have no control over this, obviously, so if you want it earlier, maybe email Llewellyn?
- Print editions are shipping from Amazon US.
- Amazon UK still has its May release date. I expect they will start shipping before this as the books have clearly left Llewellyn's warehouse and have arrived at the Amazon US one. Given the UK is across an ocean we should expect some delays.
In a way, I kinda like that it's out in the US first. It's a pleasing reversal of the release of Star.Ships, where this side of the pond got to have its fun first. Now it's my darling Americans turn to go first.
Speaking of America, please god review the Amazon US one, even if you bought it on UK, or Google Play or in one of those 'book shops' I heard about in history class. The reasoning for this is multiple and a bit weird.
- Amazon US reviews flow down to foreign Amazon sites like UK, Fr, etc... but foreign reviews don't flow up to Amazon US.
- Google ranks Amazon US pages higher than non-US ones, except in markets with their own Amazon store (like the UK), and then not every time.
- You can always copy/paste them across multiple platforms. That's what I used to do with restaurant reviews.
So... want it this very second? Google Play. Want a print copy as fast as possible? Amazon US. Want a Kindle copy as fast as possible? Email or tweet Llewellyn.
Thanks players. And keep sending me shelfies. It's super fun. Glad the first few people are enjoying the book. So very glad.